Forum

Back to Messages

Jason Thu Mar 26 2015 at 6:39 am
park

Hi Peter,

Did Hoechst give the clock to Calderdale? I didn't know that, it was a beautiful clock tower.

When I first saw the square swimming pool filled in I was upset at what had happened, that was also a beautiful place filled with lots of fish.

All I can say is that I have the utmost respect for Shaw Park and I am personally determined not to let this place go to rack and ruin, I will keep knowing at Calderdale's ankles as long as I have a breath in my body.

I grew up in the park along with other people and although there are a lot of angry people about the demolishment of the MUGA and toilet block, it was in a bad way and it was not very safe so I do respect what Calderdale have done as the last thing we would want is for any child to hurt themselves, saying that, it became unsafe for a reason and as you say, lack of funds and maintenance didn't help from Calderdale as they probably didn't think that Shaw Park was a priority.

Shaw Park is now definitely on Calderdale's radar and they are now working in it and improving it so that has to be a good thing, doesn't it, I think we will all see a place that is tidy, clean and full of wildlife in the next 10 years for everyone to enjoy.

Reply to this Message

Name
Subject
No HTML is allowed, except for <code> <b> <i> <u> in the message only.
All URLs and email addresses will automatically be converted to hyperlinks.